Saturday, November 17, 2007

Keeping to the grind stone Pt. 2

So as some of you noticed, my absence was apparent yet again online. The web site was down for a bit as well. Had to pay the bill with some recent donations, so I deeply thank everyone for the money sent in.

So here is the deal; I was suppose to have something put together for the Portland Comic Book show. I ended up getting a lucky break from my work and was sent to the UK for two different business trips, a month apart. During that time I was extremely busy with projects and couldn't do the necessary artwork needed for a show. At this point I'm putting out all new stuff for MockTales and a lot of the old stuff is going to be in literally a "bargain bin" at the next Emerald City Comic Con in 2008. We're talking a 8x11 inch b&w print for .50c a pop! Its gotta go. Old stuff out, new stuff in.

So as I further work on my business knowledge, I'm beginning to realize that I need much more then the self taught education I've been giving myself for over 10 years. Next month I will begin taking classes towards my Associates in Business. While some people may criticize me for this approach, I tend to think it is better to have the knowledge to back myself up than jump right in head first and crash like a fireball. I'm personally tired of not knowing where to go, or how to organize and structure what I want to do in life.

I have all these ideas and nothing to show for them. Many of you folks who have been kind enough to visit the web site or stop by my table at the conventions... you've all been very supportive and I thank you for it. Now its time for me to get my butt in gear and get all these ideas out. Its time to give you all content for the web site and then the Comic Book I keep saying is going to come out.

Its time

1 comment:

Daniel Andrews said...

Hey man

Cool vids. Hehe I thought I was the only guy who draws while listening to Scooter! I hope you keep up the videos. I always enjoy seeing how other artist go about there work.
I got you bookmarked now.

Drop me a line on my blog. http://danvancool.blogspot.com

Take Care & best of Luck.