Saturday, April 28, 2012

The Big Update

As posted on Blogger, DeviantArt, Facebook, Google+ and highlighted on Twitter:

The Big Update!:

This update is to help catch everyone up on what I’ve got planned for the rest of the year as well as catching up on what “was” supposed to be happening.  Sit back, relax and enjoy the ride.

Personal Problems:
I’ve spent the last two years trying to better myself after my wife left. While I still would rather not go into the personal details of my divorce, because I feel that is between my ex-wife and myself, I will say once again that it has been a major reason behind a lot of my delays, money issues and laziness these past 2 years.

However, with my new personal campaign of “I’ll rest in 2013”, I have started the first four months of 2012 with some amazing positive self-esteem and empowerment. I feel great. My mind and energy levels are higher than they ever have been in over 8 years. Additionally, I now have a business budget to work with on MockTales. Something I didn’t have before because it was all coming out of my own pocket and I had to choose bills and rent over getting things done. I tried getting commission orders, but then wasn’t finishing those because the money only temporarily plugged the holes of debt. Now it is finally time to get the ball in full motion and rolling down the hill, plowing through every obstacle remaining in the way.

2012… you’re about to become my bitch. It’s best to just submit and let it happen…


Commissions:
As of this weekend, April 28th 2012, my commissions and extra projects for the year are officially closed until December 31st, 2012. I will not be taking any more orders or be able to take on any further projects regardless of the offer for the rest of the year.

All commission orders placed before today will be completed soon, or an arrangement will be made so that money owed will be refunded. As always, any questions or concerns, please email me at mocktales@gmail.com. I do not check my Deviant Art, Facebook or any other built-in messaging systems on social networking sites for conversation concerning projects. I handle all business through mocktales@gmail.com.

**The exception** I will, however, still be doing convention sketches at the remaining shows I will be attending this year. Convention sketches include the following; 5x8 Large Sketch Cards with blue-line MockTales logo and design. MockTales #0 Blank Sketch Cover. I’ll even draw in people’s sketchbooks. But again, this is limited to convention I have a table at and I may have a short list each day at the show. So show up early if you can to get on the list.

--------------------------------------

Prices being raised:
Some people have noticed that my prices keep going up over the past 4-6 months. There are several reasons behind this and I don’t really feel a need to explain myself. Simply put my self-worth is a lot more than $30 for a piece of original artwork on a large sheet of Bristol. I’ve worked hard to improve myself over the past 2 years. And after everything I’ve been through to achieve a more professional level of art, it is time I get paid like a professional.

I do not do artwork for free. At this point, not even for friends. A true friend will understand this. I either get paid, and paid in advance, or I get a mutually equal offer for time and work put into a project.

--------------------------------------

Books and Projects:
MockTales: Project Molten Art Book
Format: B&W and Color pages, perfect bound. (online TBA)
Release Date: Fall 2012

This book was originally delayed because I just felt it lacked content for a concept-art book. I originally started funding the book on Kickstarter.com and only asked for about $1000. Which we finally raised after our 2nd try. And for all those who supported the campaign, I am continuously appreciative. However, for what I want to do, this book is going to require more funding. And now I finally have that funding and support. So I am back into working on MockTales: Project Molten while also finishing up MockTales: The Adventures of Tim Garn. I am looking to release this book by NYCC in October and it will be well over 100 pages. Maybe more by the time October rolls around.

MockTales: The Adventures of Tim Garn #1
Format: Color Cover, B&W interiors, standard comic. (online TBA)
Release Date: May/June 2012


The first full comic book series that I am working on; this issue is going to be at least 40 pages total (36 pages of story). I am condensing down to two full books for 2012 and one Ashcan, which are both Issue #1 and #2, and the Issue #0 Ashcan. This book has been a longtime coming. I’ve been stopping, starting, stopping and starting the book frequently over the past 10 years now. But only in the last year or so has it truly been a possibility.

MockTales: The Adventures of Tim Garn #2
Format: Color Cover, B&W interiors, standard comic. (online TBA)
Release Date: Sept/Oct 2012

MockTales: The Adventures of Tim Garn Trade Paperback Volume 1
Date: TBD
Format (Our current goal): We are looking to put out Issues #0, #1 and #2 fully colored in a complete Trade Paperback, perfect bound format. That will be at least 84 story pages and if we go up to 100 pages total, then 16 pages of extra art and goodies for everyone.

--------------------------------------

MockTales.com – Website
We have the new format of the website up. Now we just need to upload more content and shift a few things around. The biggest issue is changes between everyone’s resolutions and monitors. Again, as before, the days of 800x600 are over… but then again, some people are viewing things on their phones as well.

Unfortunately I’m not ready to go to formatting online comics for Mobile or iPad and other Tablets yet. But as we move forward I will try to make those formats available.

--------------------------------------

Conventions and Appearance Schedule:

Next Stop: May 5th - Free Comic Book Day!
Where: Central City Comics, Ellensburg, Washington.
What: I will be selling the Mocktales #0 Ashcan for only $5 for regular edition, $20 for Sketch Cover Edition. I may even have my Avengers print done by then.

So if you’re in the Ellensburg area of Washington State, stop on by and hang out, have a great time and support Free Comic Book Day.

May 18th: Spokane Comic Con
Where: Spokane, Washington
What: I will have a table set up at the show selling Original Artwork, MockTales #0 Ashcan and my new Avengers print. As always I will have an assortment of prints both b&w and color.

This is a fun 1-day show and I recommend it to anyone near Eastern Washington to stop by and check it out.

May 25th-27th: Phoenix Comic Con
Where: Phoenix, AZ
What: I will be in Artist Alley, table TBA. This show will have the Avengers print, the Limited Edition Amy Pond prints for all you Doctor Who fans, and a sexy 18+ Zombie/Horror themed print for sale. Additional prints and original art will be for sale as well as the MockTales #0 Ashcan.
This will be my first time at Phoenix Comic Con. I have been itching to do this show for a number of years now. I hear good things and I have friends that live in the area. So this will be a fun show to attend and I hope to see many of you there as well!

May 25th-27th: Crypticon Seattle
Where: SeaTac, Washington
What: Table TBA. As this show falls on the same weekend as Phoenix, I will not be attending. However, I have someone looking into a table for me and if I do end up getting one, I will have someone there selling my wares. I will be featuring my 18+ Zombie/Horror themed print as well as have the original piece at the show for sale for anyone who is interested.

Crypticon has always been a fun and local Horror convention for me. Seattle keeps taking back a lot of the records for the Zombie-walks. So come out of your caves and join everyone in SeaTac for a weekend of fun and horror!

Summer Break!
I will not be attending or setting up at any show in June, July and into mid-August.

August 30th to Sept 3rd: Dragon*Con
Where: Atlanta, Georgia
What: I will be attending, but not setting up at this show. I’ve been hearing fun things about Dragon*Con, so I decided I would take a vacation and attend this show. I may or may not be in my Doctor Demolition Cosplay by the time of this show.

September 15th: Stan Lee’s Comikaze Expo
Where: Los Angeles, CA
What: I will be attempting to set up at Artist Alley at this show. This is the 2nd year of the show and my only California show for the year. Table will be announced as the show gets closer.

September 22nd: Jet City Comic Show
Where: Seattle, Wa
What: Once again returning for Artist Alley at the local Jet City show. These guys run a fun 1-day show and I encourage everyone to come by and check it out. More incentives and art and book announcements as we get closer to the show.

October 12th-14th: New York Comic Con
Where: New York, NY
What: While this isn’t the last show of the year, this is the big wrap-up show for me. All my announcements, incentives and books will be wrapping up at this show, as well as I will be dressed in Cosplay for Friday and Saturday of the show. Table will be announced as we get closer to the show.


October 20th: Bellingham Comic Con
Where: Bellingham, Wa
What: This will be my final show for 2012. A fun 1-day show just north of Seattle. I will announce more as we get closer.

--------------------------------------

No comments: