Wednesday, July 11, 2012

So a thought has been going through my head as I read something about San Diego Comic Con. (naturally everyone won't shut up about it... lol just teasing. Going next year).

I read that there are 250,000 people that attend the show every year. Lets say that again.... Two Hundred and Fifty Thousand People!! Now, I sit here, working on my sketch cards trying to raise money for my other shows this fa...ll... and it hits me... Can you imagine not just $100, not just $50, not just $20 or even $5.... but can you imagine $1 from each of those people? Just $1 would buy me a house (I'm looking at the $80,000 to $150,00 range), a new reliable car and give me enough money to put aside for all three of my kids for their college fund in 11-13 years.

So, now you can see the urge, the impulse and the drive a lot of us creators have with wanting to make the next-best thing for people to buy. And for me, all I would want is 250,000 people to believe in a $1 item. Or half those people to buy something $5. A 1/3rd to buy $20 prints.

There is a lot more to it. I welcome anyone's thoughts. Keep it civil if there are conflicting ideas. But don't hesitate to brainstorm, expand this though, give your own thoughts. This is what people like me love about starting your own business. Not getting rich, but doing what we love and having venues to make a living while doing it.

No comments: