Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Celebrity waste

Here is another rant in light of the recent news about Lindsay Lohan being arrested. (Arrested for DUI and posession of Cocaine):

"A shame" is something I'm hearing a lot from people when a celebrity is arrested or has died or what ever else is going wrong in their lives. To me, I don't say its a shame, I say what a waste. To use Lindsay Lohan as an example; she is popular, attractive, rich and has had until recently a very good chance to continue a sucessful carear as an actress making more money than most people dream about. Now, not to say she hasn't worked hard to get to where she is at, because I don't know what her life was like when she grew up. I know she was in movies as a child but I only started seeing her in movies like Herbie Fully Loaded and Mean Girls.

Now, that being said... the reason I say what a waste is because I can't understand how someone like Lindsay can waste all that opportunity of money and fame on partying, drinking and drugs. I come from a frame of mind where heavy drinking and drugs and partying just doesn't make sense. Why I think this way I don't know. But to me, if I had the money she has and if I was as well known as she is, life would be so much easier. And I challenge any celebrity to approach me and tell me otherwise. I would be able to stop working Security and finally get my comic book going. I wouldn't have to worry if I'm going to pay rent on time. Keep the power on. Or if my kids are going to have diapers and formula, let alone grow up with opportunities of their own.

But hey, who am I to judge Lindsay right? Its her life, not mine right? Well its not so much about judging as it is recognizing a complete waste of opportunity. And I'm starting to get damned determined to get myself out to a wider audience in this world to prove that someone can obtain wealth and fame without having to also party and do drugs. And I won't even start in about using drugs. But hey, I know there are a lot of Celebrities out there that aren't like this. And I personally wouldn't say that every celbrity is messed up like Lindsay is right now. We just hear about it on the news because people want to hear more about the tragic lives of celebrities and not the good things they do.

So what else can I say? Nothing much really. I got most of this off my chest tonight at work, so there isn't much to my post. I'll probably be posting more about comics tomorrow after I stop by my local dealer. lol.... dealer?

No comments: