Monday, November 1, 2010

Zombies and Undead

Just a quick rant;

So almost ten years after I wanted to originally start MockTales, the zombie genre has really exploded and taken a life of it's own; so to speak.

Everyone is doing zombies now. It even had me worried for a little while; if I should even bother keeping zombies in my story. And after some thought... HELL YEAH I'm going to keep them. I think we're approaching a time where zombies are becoming the new archtype-foe to put into the comic book format of villains and/or obstacles. You can mix it up now with either a slow zombie Horde, or fast smart-zombie running after you and out-thinking you. Left 4 Dead has different mutated versions of their zombies with different abilities due to the mutation. The sky is the limit at this point.

So this does get me to thinking that I may have to put more thought into my zombies. What will their infection rate be. Will there be a cure? Fast? Slow? It's going to be fun. But the decision has to come soon as the pages are finally coming together and the story is building more and more into a reality each day.

No comments: