Monday, April 4, 2011

April Showers?! nah...

So here I am, back again. Another attempt at keeping a Blog/Journal going. Lets do some catching up with this one.

Debt - So with the help of over 20-25 Commission orders and a Loan, I was able to get my debt issues caught up to about 80%. With this, however, I now have more artwork to do than I have ever imagined putting on my plate. Slowly, but surely I have been finishing and sending out everyone's orders. I would like to take a moment in this journal to thank those who are waiting patiently for their artwork, let alone everyone who helped me through this.

Personal Health and development - In the past few weeks I have been able to engage myself into "personal development" mode (along with help from people I love and care about of course). After not being able to make it to C2E2 in Chicago, I got really down and out about things. And one of the things I've had a hard time doing for the better part of my whole life, is working on my personal self-growth. I am reading The Road Less Traveled by Scott Peck. While this book points out the obvious things we should all know in life, it also puts things into perspective. Various topics talk about how you are raising human beings, not just children. Then there is a chapter I am entering soon talking about Love and Cathexis and how we all think Love is one thing, when it really is another. I could go on, but I really think a good chunk of people I know should read this book to gain a better perspective on life. I even bought a copy for my soon to be ex-wife, because regardless of divorce, she is the mother of my children and it means a lot to me that my kids are around a strong and supportive person as they learn to grow and develop into the people they will soon become.

MockTales - I'm syked to look at my art desk and see more development artwork for my book. The MockTales Wiki has been getting more and more information as I have free time to write. Finally getting out things in my head that have been there for years, and seeing it in print online, makes this whole project that much more exciting. And then hearing back from a lot of people who have been reading and waiting for this, and telling me how they are enjoying what they are reading so far, pumps me up even more! At this rate, an Art Book should be out by Fall/Winter of this year, 2011. I can't say it is Official yet, but things are looking more likely than ever.

Happy April, 2011 everyone. This looks to be a very productive month, let alone 2011 being a very productive year. Here is to Productivity!!

1 comment:

Karyudo said...

WHERES MA ARTZ!!!

I've been working on stuff recently too and I have to agree, when you see and idea stand up on it's own legs it's usually a good feeling. Usually...