Thursday, June 19, 2008

Slightly Aligned Synapsis

Holy crap!? Two blogs in one week, what are the odds??

I received good news from my job announcing that I am now moving back to my old position with Monday through Fridays, day shift. This will ease up the tension in my family and sleep hours, and will hopefully lead towards a lower blood pressure and better health type living.

With these recent changes I will now be able to schedule out my artwork and plan out what projects I need to finish and work on. Recently I did a quick drawing of my main character, Tim Garn (above) and I feel like I didn't even put any effort into it at all. I'm kinda bummed about it.

But regardless, I press on with some good news. I have a whole assortment of projects lined up that I hope to be able to announce by the end of the month. With these new projects I will also be announcing artists, models and photographers who will be jumping in to help get things going. Some people are volunteering, others I've had to hire. Either way, if all goes well I will be able to get MockTales.com fully updated, upgraded and up and running by July 2008. This includes character descriptions, story previews, online comics, and even a wiki full of information about the Comic Book Universe of Nexus Earth.


The other projects, I don't want to announce too much about because I want to make sure I can get everything rolling. I can say however that I am putting together my adult site version of MockTales. While MockTales is a PG-13 to R rated style book and web site, the new site will be R rated to NC-17 and slightly softcore. I have no wishes to do full-on adult site work, showing intercourse or extreme vulgarity. There are plenty of sites out there for that, and that ain't my bag... baby. This new site will end up being a "members only" site and will require people to pay. However, I am still working this all out, so a bit of patience if you will. Thanks


If anyone reads this knows people who are doing photography or who model, and would be interested in helping out. Please tell them to send me email. mocktales@gmail.com


I ask in good faith about getting artists and models because I know there are people out there just like me who are struggling to find their way. To express themselves. (I said express, not expose. We'll talk about exposing myself after I get to comfortably stop working security. Thanks) Artisticly I see people all over the world on Deviantart.com, MySpace, Blogs, comic sites... ect. I see the talent out there. And with 6.8 billion people in the world (and growing), there are so many different ways people want to get their ideas out to the rest of us. I'm the same way. I have my ideas. I have my dreams. I want to share these with everyone and anyone I can possibly entertain.
I'll leave tonight's blog with this; if we are truly the masters of our own destiny, and mind really does work over matter, then what the hell is it that is preventing me from doing what I truly want to do in life... other than myself?

No comments: